If the answer to this is what you are looking for…then rest assured. The answer is YES! Succumbing to the constant annoyance of acid reflux, we often forget that “simple home remedies” can provide long term benefit. Mustard is one such little known and often neglected home remedy that can be of much help to you.
But…as with many other home remedies, here too in order to draw the maximum benefit from mustard you will first have to identify
The right ways of consuming mustard
Plain yellow mustard is the ideal option. Every time the symptoms of acid reflux plague you, try eating a spoonful of it. It takes away the pain of heartburn quickly. To reduce the burning sensation in the stomach and esophagus one to two teaspoons of mustard can be consumed.
It appears as if it balances the stomach acid to provide relief.
If the mustard is too hot or if you find it difficult to swallow a teaspoon of mustard, then mix it with a glass of water (approx. 100 ml) and gulp it down quickly.
Try it once to be sure if this is the remedy for your acid reflux. If it suits you, you will be amazed at the fast and efficient way mustard works!
But how mustard works so efficiently?
It is believed that mustard stops excess acid production. Quite contrary to popular belief, the efficacy of mustard is not due to its sodium…but due to its vinegar content.
Mustard is an alkalizing food that contains acid (vinegar). However, the acid is very weak making it one of the least acidic foods that you can eat. Consuming one tsp mustard cures heartburn in a few minutes by neutralizing acids in the stomach (it helps to lower the pH level of the stomach acid) and by preventing the stomach from producing any extra acid.
When an antacid is combined with it… you are sure to get the benefit.
However, there are cases where mustard might not be the ideal remedy for you and might only aggravate the symptoms of heartburn! Also, if your symptoms are severe, mustard might not be the right choice for you!
So it is best to try it once or twice before you decide to stick to it!
Incoming search terms:
- mustard for heartburn (185)
- does mustard help heartburn (106)
- mustard for acid reflux (90)
- does mustard help acid reflux (46)
- mustard heartburn (44)
- mustard acid reflux (42)
- is mustard good for heartburn (39)
- mustard and acid reflux (29)
- mustard and heartburn (28)
- is mustard good for acid reflux (28)
- yellow mustard for heartburn (23)
- does mustard help with heartburn (18)
- mustard for heartburn relief (17)
- can mustard help heartburn (16)
- can mustard help acid reflux (14)
- yellow mustard for acid reflux (13)
- mustard helps heartburn (12)
- spoonful of mustard for heartburn (12)
- does a spoonful of mustard help heartburn (11)
- does mustard cure heartburn (11)
(Visited 1,331 times, 29 visits today)